Palometa Club COVID Protocols and Procedures (Updated 1/7/2021)
As we prepare to reopen our Spring 2021 Season midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have instituted the following updated policies and procedures in order to ensure the health and safety of our clients, staff and the town of Punta Allen. Many of these updated procedures are required to maintain our operational certifications and will be strictly enforced while at the Club. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding with the following details and instructions.
Temperature checks and a health certification will be required before entering the Club. Our drivers will provide you with THIS FORM to complete in the van while in transit to Punta Allen.
If at any point during your stay any symptoms develop consistent with COVID-19 please inform the manager. Any guests or staff presenting symptoms are required to quarantine in a quarantine room and will be transported to the Hospital in Playa del Carmen for testing.
Punta Allen is a small and remote community without ready access to health care. We ask that all guests take extra precautions in their daily activities in the weeks prior to their visit to the town to ensure that the risk of transmission are mitigated. We have tried to minimize the impact on our clients while still protecting our guests and staff and ensuring compliance with regulations.
- Masks must always be worn in the transfer vans. No exceptions.
- For the safety of our van drivers, we ask that there be no consumption of alcohol during the van ride. Consumption of food is not permitted during the transfer.
- Until further notice, to minimize close contact, van capacity will be limited to 6 guests.
- Your luggage must be disinfected before being loaded on the van and again before entering the Club.
- Due to regulations concerning lodging density, there may be instances where we lodge some clients at Hotel Roseliz next door.
- Although we have always encouraged clients to get out and see the town, we ask that our guests limit their travel around Punta Allen to before dinner. We also ask our guests to maintain at least 2 meter distance when encountering town residents. Please wear masks or buffs when out in the community.
- We recommend as much physical distancing during social time at the club as much as possible. Please limit physical contact with the staff.
- Please wear masks in the common areas of the Club when you are not eating. Masks are not required outdoors.
- The house staff will be wearing masks and gloves during breakfast and dinner servings.
- Grounds staff will wear gloves while working around the bar area and guide coolers.
- There will be hand sanitizer dispensers in all rooms, as well as two locations in the dining/coffee area, and at the bar area. We recommend use of hand sanitizer on a regular basis and certainly after contact with common use surfaces.
- Our buffet method of serving meals will be replaced by our kitchen staff presenting plated meals as clients arrive ready for their meal. Guests are not permitted to touch serving utensils. If you would like seconds of anything please ask one of the kitchen staff for more.
- We ask that clients do not remove their setting from the table upon completion, management or kitchen staff will remove from the table. Weather permitting, we would ask people to consider eating their meals outdoors.
- Clients are not permitted in the kitchen area.
- Our cleaning protocols have always entailed daily cleaning of rooms and common areas. There will be an elevated level of sterilization and cleaning throughout the building daily.
On the Boats
- During your stay, we ask that there be limited physical contact with all staff. “Permit catching hugs” with guides need to be replaced with elbow bumps or something similar.
- Please do not share water bottles. The cooler contains two water bottles for each angler. Two will be marked and two will be unmarked. Water bottles and coolers are sanitized after each day.
- We ask that the angler sharing the front casting platform with a guide wear a face covering while they are on deck. A traditional BUFF will work great.
- Hand sanitizer will be made available on all boats.
Our primary goal is to ensure that all our guests, staff, and the town of Punta Allen remain healthy. We simultaneously will do everything in our power to maintain a “normal” vibe and relaxing fishing holiday for you despite all the precautionary protocols in place. Thank you to all our guests who are making the trip down – and we very much look forward to hosting you.